About Artist Residence
A boutique retreat with 18 bedrooms and apartments in the old quarter of Penzance. Artist Residence is perfect for exploring West Cornwall. Set inside a Grade II-listed 17th century Georgian manor house, each of the rooms have been individually designed by both artists and the house. We want you to feel relaxed in this little bolt-hole and able to enjoy the rugged coastline and scenery, in an area that is famous for inspiring artists and explorers alike.
We take great pride in getting you off to a great start to the day. Our award-winning breakfasts are made from locally sourced Cornish produce and served in our newly refurbished restaurant. The younger sister of the original Artist Residence in Brighton, we opened in 2010 after extensive renovation and this is what the press had to say about us:
- “Ultimate 100 British Hotels.” – Sunday Times Travel (subscription required)
- “The New Cornwall: 6 Chic new properties.” – Conde Nast Traveller
- “I want to wake up in room four of Penzance’s new art hotel.” – Design Week
- “9 out of 10” – The Times Cool Hotel Guide (subscription required)
- “A new young, fun place in Penzance.” – The Best Hotels in Cornwall, The Telegraph
- “The rise and rise of the Art Hotel.” – Elle Decoration
We love being in this part of the world and we hope you will love it as much as we do.
Justin, Charlie & The Artist Residence Team